Hello friends 😊 Today’s post is very special to me because I get to participate in this awesome award! I was nominated by Nita from A Spoonie’s Makeup Bag – thank you so much ❤️ If you haven’t checked her blog out yet, I’d highly recommend you do so – this blog inspires me continuously, because Nita’s creativity has no bounds! Now onto the Real Neat Blog Award!
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award are:
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs; and asking them seven questions.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Now for the 7 questions I was asked to answer:
1. What book did you read as a teen that you still love now as an adult?
Such a difficult question! I’m a booklover, so I feel it’s just unfair to name only one As a teen, I loved reading classic literature and by all means I still love many of them. I have to say that I love drama in books, complicated characters, and rich language. I can’t choose only one because there are just too many books that impressed me a lot and I still cherish very much:
Persuasion by Jane Austen (I find it to be even better than Pride and Prejudice)
King Solomon’s Mines by H. Rider Haggard
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Animal Farm by George Orwell
The Gadfly by Ethel Voynich
The Waiting Years by Fumiko Enchi
2. What is your favorite and least favorite makeup product?
Most favorite: L’Oréal Colour Riche Shine Lipstick #352 – it’s nourishing, pigmented just enough, fades gracefully, and has a beautiful slightly warm undertone. My least favorite has to be the MILANI Moisture Lock Oil Infused Lip Treatment – it’s gooey, the packaging leaked, it made my lips peel and dry out completely.
3. What is the one accomplishment you are the proudest of?
I don’t want to consider anything as an accomplishment (maybe not just yet) because it’d make me feel too comfortable, so it’s a hard question. I thought about such things as changing the career path, moving to another country for a year, venturing into long-distance relationship, but these things are simply a part of my life. So I’d say that the one accomplishment I feel was one of the most important in my life was learning to stop comparing myself to others. It’s been a long journey towards learning to connect with myself, self-acceptance, and understanding myself that helped me fully embrace who I am.
4. What is your favorite skin care item and why?
At the moment it’s the Holika Holika Soda Pore Deep Cleansing Oil, wrote a review about it. It’s just perfect – very gentle, but works like a charm taking all the impurities and makeup off.
5. What makeup look would you like to try and master?
I’m not that good at drawing, so editorial and creative makeup looks would be awesome to master – looks like on the left on the picture. As for wearable makeup, I’d like to master the double eyeliner makeup like on the right:
6. What is your favorite movie and why?
The one I rewatch the most is The Fifth Element. It’s effortlessly watchable, fun, and very dynamic. For 1997 movie it aged very well. The plot and idea are simple, but very good.
As for a movie that impressed me the most, it would probably be Scent of a Woman (1992).
7. What is your favorite book and why?
I love many books, but here I’d like to write one that really teleported me into another world – Dune by Frank Gerbert. This is the epitome of science fiction literature for me.
Here are 7 questions I came up with for my nominees to answer:
1. What is your favorite music genre? Please share your favorite band/singer/song.
2. Apart from blogging, what are your passions/hobbies?
3. If you could instantly acquire any skill, what would it be?
4. What inspired you to start a blog?
5. Have you ever experienced a writer’s block? If so, could you share your tried-and-true strategies to get out of it?
6. Imagine you’re opening a restaurant. What kind of a restaurant would it be and what cuisine would you focus on?
7. If you could meet and have a conversation with any person, alive or dead (let’s assume time travel exists), who would it be and why?
Can’t wait to read your take on this award!
Have a lovely day ❤️